- Safety considerations
- Safety – General Safety rules
- Factors to consider before starting work
- Factors to consider during the execution of operations
- Using the cranes safely
- Safe crane operation
- Cranes structure and types of cranes
- The effect of the centre of gravity on stability
- The capacity chart
- Materials safety data sheets
- Routine inspections and repairs
- Inspections by a competent person
- The use of slings
- Wire ropes- Care and maintenance
- Case studies.
- A number of case studies involving crane accidents are discussed to warn participants against taking unnecessary risks.
This course is ideal to organisations where the use of cranes is part of their operations and needs to ensure that their drivers are trained and adequately certified up to the required legal standard on a speed on a timely basis.